3D Button Visual Editor
Type of Program: 3D Button Creator
Supported Platforms: Win 95/98/2000
Company Name: Multimedia Soft
Installed Size: 2854024
When I first started designing web sites you had to know how to code in HTML. These days all you need to know is how to use a mouse. Don't get me wrong, not having to write code is a boon and when you want a set of highly professional looking buttons mouse clicking is certainly the better of the two options.
3D Visual Button Editor is a click and go program. This is so easy to use that you can be publishing buttons within 15 minutes of first using the program. A very well presented GUI with options which are in the main self explanatory. You can:
· Change the button shape: a lot of special effects are available.
· Change the button text (caption) and add other text at different positions; all aspects of text rendering are
covered (special effects, font, color, weight, etc.)
· Change the button color in various states (Normal, Mouse Over, Pressed, Disabled).
· Have a choice of images over the button surface; if needed, the image will change for required states
(Normal, Mouse Over, Pressed). Images can be rendered with their background transparent for a better integration
with button surfaces and positions can be fine tuned over the button surface.
· Choose a texture image for the button surface, with the possibility of mixing the texture with a chosen color
and control other parameters: texture can be applied to the whole button surface or only to a part of it, depending on
the special effect currently affecting the button shape.
Exporting can be done in three file formats: PNG, JPG or BMP with a useful string addition of either _di or _mo or _pr for identification of disabled, mouse-over or pressed states.
Normally I would describe the way to use the various functions to assist the reader in the use of a program but this is so easy to use it would be an insult to the reader's intelligence to do so. If you want to create 3D Buttons no matter how much of a "newbie" you are, get this program definitely 3D Buttons without tears.
Ease of Installation:
Reviewed by Simon Baillie