Type of Program: E book generator
Supported Platforms: Win 95/98/ME/2000
Company Name: Visual Vision
This program is something we should all want. I mean inside everyone there is a book bursting to get out but all the tiresome bother of trying to put it together, cross link etc. usually precludes us from doing it. What about publishing? All those rejections, all that expense, consulting with print companies, distribution etc. etc.
Fear not dear reader Visual Vision's EbooksWriter banishes all those tiresome tasks. Sure you still have to write the thing but the mechanics are made easy with this program. Just look at the features:
· Make self extracting ebooks with one click
· One ebook, one source file. All visual, no compilation.
· Built-in browser (no IE or Netscape required)
· Full-text search capability, even boolean search
· Exe or aeh ebooks freely distributable, i.e. no royalties
· You can prohibit printing or copying
· You can set an expiration date
· You can password protect all or part of the ebook
· You can assign different passwords for different users
· Frames, text styles, popup windows, mouse over sensible images, visual linking: feature rich, easy to use, fast
· Small and smart: runs on Win95,98,ME,NT,2000; requires at least a P100 with 16MB RAM; uses no DLLs;
The user interface is very similar to a word processor so the beginner can start to compile an ebook straight away and move on to the more advanced features later. The array of features is vast and really this is a word processor and HTML type editor rolled into one. You can make hyperlinks, tables, insert images, create frames, make mouseovers use image maps etc. Once you have written your book you can compile it to a single exe file which can be distributed royalty free either on CD or as a download and doesn't need Netscape or IE for viewing.
If you are used to word processors or HTML editors you'll be flying in no time at all but for "newbies" there is a very graphical and easy to understand Help which will get you going . Well worth a look and should bring out the writer in you.
There are two versions to download, a free one which is fully functional but limits the number of pages you can put in your ebook or the pro version which has all the features and puts no limit on the size.
Ease of Installation:
Reviewed by Simon Baillie