Type of Program: Anti Theft Software
Supported Platforms: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000
Company Name: Burrotech Software
This is a brilliant concept and I make no apologies for
reproducing the manufacturers copy below.
If your computer was stolen how much would you like to get it back? What
information would you need to work out who has it and where it is? Imagine being
shown a copy of everything that the new 'owner' of your computer types! Thief
Monitor does exactly that - here's how:
1. You install Thief Monitor onto your computer and set up your username and
2. It then sits, silent and invisible, waiting for the signal to activate.
3. Your computer gets stolen - under normal circumstances the chances of you
seeing it again are slim at best.
4. You log into the Burrotech site
5. You activate Thief Monitor. The next time the thief connects to the Internet
with your computer Thief Monitor will get the signal.
6. It starts recording everything from the keyboard (as well as which
application it was typed in) including emails, web browsing and letters.
7. You regularly revisit and log into this website to see what has been typed!
This should give you enough clues to pass onto the police and track down your
8. Thief Monitor will keep recording everything until it is signalled to stop.
Sooner or later the thief will type something to incriminate himself.
Definitely a "must have".
Ease of Installation:
Reviewed by Simon Baillie