Another free goodie from Acceleration Software. Webcelerator speeds up your Internet browsing dramatically.
I already have what is accepted as the best accelerator that's available so it was with an attitude of " I might as well try it anyway" that I downloaded it. A good word to sum up Webcelerator is "Whooooosh!!!". After surfing for a bit and going back to surfed pages a very impressive speed increase. It's certainly equal to my regular accelerator.
Just look at all this you get for free.
* Prefetcher: retrieves new pages while you are reading the current one so the next page is there instantly
* Show and Verify: instantly displays pages from the cache and then checks for changes
* Updater: updates your most frequently visited pages so you don't have to wait
* Offline Browsing: allows you to visit any site in the cache without being online
* 'Net Butler: patiently downloads files until they are completely downloaded, includes resume capability!
* TCP/IP Optimizer: sets MaxMTU for the best Internet performance
* Customizable: the behavior of Webcelerator is customizable for each URL
* Smart back off: automatically stops using bandwidth when it detects user activity
* Installer/Uninstaller: easy to use with no confusing settings
Well I say free but there's no such thing as a free lunch. It certainly costs no money but it insists on setting your homepage to Homepageware.com as a price. If you don't mind the choice of homepage it's well worth having. It's unobtrusive, it only shows a tray icon, and does dramatically speed up browsing.
If you haven't used an accelerator before prepare to be astounded.
Return to SharewareJunkies.com